So here is something a little different from my wonderful selection of coffee syrup recipes. This is a refreshing beverage, perfect for a hot day or if you fancy something a little different to your average cup of coffee. I discovered this fantastic creation after buying some chocolate mint syrup, and delving into my freezer to find some ice cream to complement the syrup nicely. A bit of ice, a blender, and an espresso coffee maker, together with the usual milk and coffee, and the Iced Mint Mocha was born.
Here is what you need to make the Iced Mint Mocha:
- Plenty of ice
- 1 teaspoon of Monin mint chocolate coffee syrup
- 2 scoops of mint choc chip ice cream
- 1 or 2 espresso shots
- Cold milk
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate dust/sprinkles
Iced Mint Mocha
You will also need a blender and ideally an espresso maker for this creation.
- Put handful of ice into blender
- Add 2 scoops of mint choc chip ice cream
- Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate mint flavoured coffee syrup
- Pour in preferred amount of cold milk (depending on how thick you want it) and 1-2 shots of espresso (depending on how strong you like it)
- Blend for one minute
- Pour into glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate dust/sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate mint syrup
The Iced Mint Mocha is now my favourite. The refreshing mint and the sweet chocolate make this iced coffee espresso drink a light combo. This is also good as a sundae-style dessert, just add less milk so the mixture is really thick, and then top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a drizzle of chocolate mint syrup.
Coffee syrups are available in a variety of flavours including almond, hazelnut, vanilla and white chocolate. My coffee syrup addiction has continued ever since I started working for a coffee supplier, and I’m not willing to go cold turkey until I have created as many inspiring recipes as possible.