So here is something a little different from my wonderful selection of coffee syrup recipes. This is a refreshing beverage, perfect for a hot day or if you fancy something a little different to your average cup of coffee. I discovered this fantastic creation after buying some chocolate mint syrup, and delving into my freezer to find some ice cream to complement the syrup nicely. A bit of ice, a blender, and an espresso coffee maker, together with the usual milk and coffee, and the Iced Mint Mocha was born.
Here is what you need to make the Iced Mint Mocha:
- Plenty of ice
- 1 teaspoon of Monin mint chocolate coffee syrup
- 2 scoops of mint choc chip ice cream
- 1 or 2 espresso shots
- Cold milk
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate dust/sprinkles
Iced Mint Mocha
You will also need a blender and ideally an espresso maker for this creation.
- Put handful of ice into blender
- Add 2 scoops of mint choc chip ice cream
- Add 1 teaspoon of chocolate mint flavoured coffee syrup
- Pour in preferred amount of cold milk (depending on how thick you want it) and 1-2 shots of espresso (depending on how strong you like it)
- Blend for one minute
- Pour into glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate dust/sprinkles or a drizzle of chocolate mint syrup
The Iced Mint Mocha is now my favourite. The refreshing mint and the sweet chocolate make this iced coffee espresso drink a light combo. This is also good as a sundae-style desert, just add less milk so the mixture is really thick, and then top with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a drizzle of chocolate mint syrup. Monin coffee syrups are available in a variety of flavours including almond, hazelnut, vanilla and white chocolate. My coffee syrup addiction has continued ever since I started working for a coffee supplier, and I’m not willing to go cold turkey until I have created as many inspiring recipes as possible.
About the Author
Lola Low works for Cafe Rico, who has been supplying quality coffee in the UK for 12 years. Cafe Rico launched its online web shop in August 2004 and is becoming one of the UK’s favourite web-based distributors of coffees, teas and other items.