Viennese Coffee – (Hot) 4 servings
- 1/2 cup chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of cocoa
- Melt chocolate in saucepan
- Stir in light cream
- Slowly add coffee, beating until frothy
- In a cold bowl whip heavy cream and sugar
- Pour coffee mixture into cups
- Top off with heavy cream
Garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon and cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder (or instant coffee)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with papers or grease liberally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, espresso or instant coffee, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla until combined. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 10 to 12 minutes for mini-muffins. Cappuccino muffins freeze well.
Cid Bus has been an executive in the Hospitality Industry for 15 years. Also a graduate of the NY Restaurant school and co owner of a catering company. A competitive long distance trail runner and endurance rider, she be tracked down at their bed and breakfast Fish Creek House in Southwest Montana.