If you don’t have a Toddy, but would like an inexpensive way to make your own cold-brewed coffee, this simplified method may be perfect for you.
- The coffee is measured into the glass.
- A woman’s trouser sock is placed over the top, and the glass is inverted to fill the sock.
- Tie the sock at the top, a simple loose half knot works for me.
- Place the sock in the pitcher and add water.
- When brewing is finished remove the sock and put the pitcher in the refrigerator.
- The sock does not contain that much coffee so it doesn’t need to be wrung out, But you can try brewing another batch with the same sock.
Simplified Cold Coffee Brewing Method
Cold Brew Coffee with the Toddy Coffee Maker – Tutorial on brewing with the Toddy brewer.
Cold Brewed Coffee on the Cheap – Another low-budget method for cold brewing coffee.