The Coffee Granita is a wonderfully refreshing treat for summer – a light dessert for after the cookout. This has a slight alcoholic kick and it is a little spicy, so it is strictly for adults.
Coffee Granita by TechSavi
Coffee Granita Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 shot of Kahlua
- 1/2 shot of Dark Rum
- 2 cups of double-strength coffee
Brew the Coffee
I found that a blend of 75% Kenya and 25% Java Timor roasted to a dark but not oily level works particularly well as iced coffee and excels in this recipe. But if you don’t have access to this type of blend, any dark-roasted, unflavored coffee will do. All you have to do is brew the coffee at double strength.
Step by Step
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and alcohol in a separate (glass) dish and add the hot coffee.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Take it out of the freezer and use a fork to break up the ice.
- Add 1/2 cup of crushed ice or chipped ice.
- Continue freezing for a total of 3 1/2 hours. Break it up every hour.
The final step is to garnish. Spoon the granita mixture into a serving dish and cover with whipped cream. This recipe serves four.
Latest posts by Maria-Victoria Suarez (see all)
- How to Make Cafe Cubano (Cuban Coffee) - August 25, 2020
- Coffee Granita - July 19, 2000