Here is a basic Norway coffee cookie recipe.
- 5 1/2 oz butter
- 5 oz sugar
- 2 oz chopped hazelnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coffee or espresso
- 1 square bar or 2 oz of plain dark chocolate
Norway Coffee Cookie
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix suger and butter until smooth in a food processor.
- Add additional dry ingedients and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg, flour, vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Then add the coffee, nuts, and chocolate.
- Drop or put the dough with a spoon onto baking paper or greesed cooking sheet.
Be sure to leave enough room on the cookie sheet, as they tend to spread out. Cool on a cooling rack