This is a perfect drink on a chilly autumn morning.
- Whole cloves
- Cinnamon bark (whole cinnamon)
- whole green cardamom
- Brown sugar (if desired)
- Whipped cream
- Shaved Chocolate and cinnamon sprinkle
- Brew a pot of your favorite coffee, a little too strong.
- In a small pan, add 1.5 cups of water, 4-7 cloves, 1/2 inch cinnamon bark broken up, 4-7 whole cardamom -split the tips, and 1-3 teaspoons of sugar.
- Heat up to a boiling point for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the coffee and the spice mix.
- Pour into cups top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate and cinnamon.
- Add more sugar if desired.
This also makes a great drink with some Tia Maria or Mozart-liqueurs, for a more adult evening drink.
Latest posts by Mari Laura Skjelvik (see all)
- Autumn-Holiday Coffee - September 14, 2013
- Norway Coffee Cookie Recipe - April 1, 2005