INeedCoffee is once again accepting contributions from coffee professionals and enthusiasts. If you would like to write an article, tutorial or recipe for INeedCoffee, keep reading.
INeedCoffee has been online since April 1999 and during that time we have worked with over one hundred different contributors. We are eager to work with many more. Every contributor gets their own author box below every article. On their author box they can write their own bio, link to their site as well as Twitter and Facebook.
- The content must be high quality and detailed.
- We do not publish reprints ever. This includes all infographics.
- Articles should have quality photos. Ideally the photos will be original, but we will accept photos where permission has been granted by the photographer. On sites such as Flickr, we only use photos where the photographer has set the Creative Commons license in a way that allows us to use their work. We credit the photographer.
- Health articles must be fully referenced and preferably written by a health professional.
- We do not allow contributors to embed links into their articles linking to their site or a client site. Contributors can link to their site only in their author box. We will not publish anything that looks like a paid link.
- All press releases, including crowdsourcing requests (Kickstarter, Indiegogo), will be marked as SPAM and deleted. If you would like to promote your venture, contribute an article and tell our readers about what you are doing in your author bio. We are happy to promote your venture on Twitter, but only if you are a contributor to INeedCoffee.
- We no longer accept fiction or poetry.
- Articles related to coffee agriculture are accepted, but they would appear on our sister site EcoFriendlyCoffee.org and not on INeedCoffee.
We are open to all ideas related to coffee. However, if you are looking for inspiration, here are some articles we need on INeedCoffee.
- Kitchen Recipes: We really need someone good in the kitchen and with a camera to contribute recipes. Many of our older recipes need to be replaced. This everything from baking to craft coffee cocktails.
- Home Roasting Machines: Home coffee roasting tutorials for the Gene Cafe, Behmor 1600 Plus and the Fresh Roast SR500.
- Local Coffee Guides: Local guide to excellent coffee in your home town. Photos are a must. For an example see the article Portland Coffee Roundup 2015.
You can send your contribution in raw text, Google Docs or Word. Images are best sent as separate attachments. If images are not original, send link to source. Source must allow for reuse. Also if you are a first time contributor, we will need your bio info, links to Twitter and or Facebook. Also an author photo. It doesn’t have to be a profile photo. It can even be a cup of coffee.
If you have any questions or would like to be a contributor, reach out to us at: